Monday, February 11, 2008

The world listeneth when I speaketh ..

The never ending rows of bobbing heads popping a look towards their leader, in the hope of the briefest of recognition, of the tiniest twinkle of the eye or the the most subtle of looks in their direction, which may give their existence some meaning. Something that would propell them above their ranks, something that would make their grovelling in the dirt as lowly creatures, a more task oriented job towards a certain goal, rather than a meaningful rut of nonsensical monotony. To lend a bit of colour to the dull banks of the colourless regime. To be aware of existence, where "to be" was in fact the most obvious notion and an accepted fact, of life as a concept.

What you've just read is in simple terms what we like to refer to in extremely technical bullshit as "pfaff" . Yes you've heard me right, pfaff. Now now don't confuse it with the biological equivalent of a chaff, or something to do with crap. Pfaff in its own entirety is highly capable of transcending barriers of words, languages and cultures. Infact it is so overtly wholly encompassing that it could be said to be a superset of language as a whole. Because regardless of what language you speak right or understand, pfaff is ubiquitous in its presence.
What is pfaff is perhaps the best question to be asked at this point of time and is a question which I'll try to answer to the best of my abilities given my respect for the chosen profession.

Pfaff is an instinctive reaction to a series of longitudinal words across various verticals and which has the capacity to bend words as well as mindspace to its will resulting in a nearly incomprehensible but surprisingly seemingly sensible crap... This is the most technical definition I could muster given my newness to this esteemed profession of pfaffing and my obvious lack of experience in the field. In layman's term pfaff is .. well pfaff. There is no dictionary meaning that could be used to satisfy each one of you readers minds as to what pfaff really is.

In India specifically, go to any MBA college in the country and the first word you will encounter is pfaff. The beauty of the concept is that once you come to know what pfaff is, you can relate virtually any thing and everything to pfaff and to top it all, justify it with more pfaff. Pfaff becomes your bane, your weapon of mass destruction and your saviour in all walks of life. Regardless of what we've learnt so far in our two year MBA course, I would rate pfaff as one of the most significant learnings that I will take away and which I am sure will help me in my search for eternal glory.

You know there were times when I could not think of words to fill up my sentences, there were times when I was dumbstruck by a sudden turn of events or the appearance of a divine being, or sometimes simply caught unawares. In all of the above situations where the name of the game is to think on your feet, to invent something out of necessity and resources as usual are sparse, the only thing which can save you is pfaff. You can, with practise ofcourse, pfaff your way out of any situation however difficult or mind numbing it is. Pfaff as I mentioned, though inborn (only a minority of you are capable of being world class pfaffers), can be imbibed and learnt to a certain extent, but has to be continuously practised to achieve a certain degree of mastery and more so for the "not-so-gifted" ones.

I think it is a long enough post to get you up and thinking of ways in which pfaff has helped you in some way or the other in different walks of your life. Do send in your experiences with pfaff in the comments section. And if you are new, confused and distressed, kindly drop by, I will trymy best to prescribe you a pfaff routine which best suits your mental infrastructure, which would perhaps lend you a certain solace in your life.

Pfaff rocks ... and so do I ..

Keep pfaffing for a healthy and a better quality of Life.


p.s. All the above was infact a demonstration of how a seemingly inconsequential 5 letter word can be pfaffed about to cover an entire post. Three cheers for pfaff and pfaffers...!!

9 rambles:

Anonymous said...

pfaff! now i know why you use that word !

it sounds to me more like hoe we use "whatever"

some people hate the use of "whatever"
ahh well! I m an illiterate in this field.. my nonsensical comment is just to let you know- what a pfaff post ;-)
is that use right or what?

Gypsy Couple said...

yep .. bang on..!!

Lucifer said...

In promulgating your esoteric cogitations and articulating superficial, sentimental and psychological observations beware of platitudinous ponderosity. Let your extemporaneous decantations and unpremeditated expatiations have intelligibility and veracious veracity without rodomontade and thrasonical bombast. Sedulously avoid all polysyllabic profundity, pusillanimous vacuity, pestiferous profanity and similar transgressions. (i call it "B3"...Bullshit Baffles Brains ;))

Gypsy Couple said...

@ mayz .. humein aapki sharan main jagah de do.. (after that torrential rain of incredulously mind numbing words.. I thought I shouldn't be using the language as a show of respect to the master..)

gypsy said...

all i wanted to say was 'Pfaff'

but then u have been blaming me of talkin too little...so..ummmm....this one was a long post but i liked the way u have written descriptively about Pfaff....

Gypsy Couple said...

From your reply I am still unable to gauge whether you have or have not been able to understand the post.. [:)]

Lucifer said...

hehe...its a post which i wrote sometime in 2006 on my blog

Gypsy Couple said...

@mayz hmm .. I think I should write sumthing on those lines on mine, but the problem is that I don't think too many people would be udnerstanding the significance or the crux of the post. So it'll probably be a waste of time though it might provide a sense of satisfaction of having executed a well written post!!

Mez said...

Too complicated man

Related Posts with Thumbnails